law12-k said: Looking for a fic I read a while ago, back when I first got into this awesome pairing and stalked ao3 like a ravenous fangirl... Anyway. It involved Coulson being uploaded to the SHIELD computers before he died and Clint figuring it out and falling in love all over again. I can't remember the title but I would love to find it again. Any help?
This is why we’re here! You’re thinking of this story:
Title: Leaving Doubt to Fate
Author’s Summary: Clint doesn’t have a functioning arm. Phil doesn’t have a functioning body. They make it work.
Rejected titles for this story: “Ghost in the Machine,” “How Clint Barton Got His Groove Back,” “Phil Coulson Likes to Watch,” “freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose.”
(Originally recced here)
tora42 said: Hello! I have a fic search and was hoping y'all could help me out? I know I read a Clint/Coulson story with selkie!Clint. Phil lived alone on an island and found Clint's skin and, not knowing what it was, brought it home. Clint came looking for it later on and Phil gave it back to him, and it was the sweetest thing I'd ever read and I can't, for the life of me, remember where it was! If someone could help me locate it, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
We’re more than happy to help out! This anon fill from the Clint/Coulson Feels Meme fits the description:
Title: Happiness Steps Up
a-novel-idea13 said: Okay, so I remember reading a fic on AO3 awhile back (Clint/Coulson, obviously) and I cannot find it again. I remember Thor made an announcement on TV about Darcy Lewis and Jane Foster, and SHEILD had to pull Darcyy from college. SHe ends up working for SHEILD in New york. Anyway, Everyone still thinks Agent Coulson is dead, including Darcy, until she finds him in a medical bar while shes out wandering on her lunch break. I know more, but I just ran out of room. Can you point me the right way?
Hi there! We’re sorry it took so long to answer this, real life has a way of taking more time than it should.
This sounds like the fic you’re looking for!
Author’s Summary: Relocated against her will to New York, Darcy Lewis has to juggle working as an admin monkey for SHIELD, covertly finishing her degree and falling in love. Only one of these things is easy, and it’s not the one that she thinks it will be.
Anonymous said: Could you give a little info on what a co-admin would do?
Sure thing! Here are a few of the things we do at the moment:
- make fic recs (which involves reading around on the various fic archives and memes, finding quality fic, and then linking it up on here - there’s a template - with admin notes)
- answer fic search questions (which involves mostly Google/bookmark/website-fu and sometimes posting crowdsource fic searches for all the stuff not found)
- answer questions about film and comics canon (including making up dumb fluff stories or weird little altered comics panels just because it’s fun)
- format and post submissions (and sometimes contact submitters to let them know that Tumblr has completely wiped their submission of any content and all we have is a title, because Tumblr is very fond of doing that)
- maintain the draft queue and schedule posts ahead (we’ve been trying to keep to at least three a day, but unfortunately that hasn’t held true lately; hence the co-admin search)
- keep an eye on Tumblr for material to reblog (in both popular tags and weirder ones)
- mess around on Google and find stuff we’d never have run into any other way
We also sometimes do things like generate original content, run give-aways, do housekeeping and so on, but we can continue to handle that aspect of it. Although, of course, anyone who wants to is welcome to join in!